Where Does My Donation Go?

The monies donated to our foundation go straight to school counselors, nurses, teachers or any individuals who have direct ties to students in need. These individuals then disburse grants to students. Our goal is to provide the small stuff that make the big impacts. An extra $20 to a student in need can change a life. In many cases, the material that these kids gain is nothing compared to the confidence and security that comes along with your donation. 

If you are interested in finding out more, we invite you to browse our site. See how our foundation provides over 97% of the money donated to students in need (as our staff are volunteers). 

Your donation will directly impact the situation of a student in need. It can help his/her learning experience be a positive one, and even change a life.

The CWF is dependent on individual contributions like yours. They make up almost all of our funding. Be assured that your donation will be used to help a student; 99% of donated funds go to students. The other 1% is used for our once a year fundraiser. Our CWF officers and board members are all volunteers and receive no remuneration.

The CWF functions through contact people such as guidance counselors, teachers, coaches, etc. to identify students who lack moderate amounts of money to meet needs associated with their schooling. The money might be used for an academic need such as a computer, or the SAT fee or a nonacademic need such as funds for a school team’s uniform, or for a prom dress. The contact person fills out the form to apply for a grant. Board members review the application for approval or rejection. If approved, the money is sent to the contact person who then gives it to the student.

Tax Information: The Christopher Whitehouse Foundation Inc. is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to The Christopher Whitehouse,
Foundation Inc. are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Christopher Whitehouse Foundation Inc. tax identification number is 13-4102505.